Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not Even The King

When I was 12 years old I got a hold of the sheet music of Alicia Keys "If I ain't got you". I sat for about two days learning the piano part of the song. I never played piano before so I had to work out every note in relation to it's note on the violin which is my first instrument.

I fell in love with the lyrics of the song which state that all the materialistic things that we want don't really matter. All she wants is that one special person. That one person is more important to her than any other thing.

Alicia carries this message through her current song "Not Even A King". Once again, she says that not all the gold in the world matters to her. She describes a beautiful relationship of trust. Not even a king would be able to afford this. There is no exchange of money but rather an exhange of hearts.

In a time where the music industry is bombarded with so many attention seekers and rubbish, Alicia Keys shines through like a ray of fresh morning light. She's truthful and honest. Her words are pure and her music sweet.

- Rivkah Hope



No comments: