Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Blog Blessing from an ex BA Student

It's New Years eve 2013. Although I should probably be preparing for the festivities tonight, I'd like to take a few minutes to write a little blog post.

December is always a fascinating time of year for me as it forces one to think of those that are close to the heart. Unless you're drinking beer all day, your mind tends to take you through thoughts of reflection. Faces, experiences, people and words start to fill your mind. All the important moments that you experienced in the year compile like a disorganized movie.

As I begin to enter my second year out of university, I reflect differently to the past where the movie of my year would have been an enticing romantic comedy of a Stellies girl. At the moment I'm looking back at 2013 as a dramatic action film of a BA graduate - not nearly as interesting as past years.

The first year out of varsity is a very strange year - especially if you are an ex BA student. You kind of confusingly make your way through your first year out of the beautiful comfort zone of university and hope that by the end of the year you know exactly what you want to do with your life. There are so many things that you could do with your life but it now boils down to - what do you want to do?

So this is the question that I ask you on this new years eve - what do you want to do with your life? May you ponder and wonder until you can no more, may the movies in your mind come to rest, and may a great passion magically shoot to your heart and awaken a desire to do exactly that which makes you come alive.

Let that idea be like a guiding bright star and let it lead you to your destiny in years to come.

This is my blog blessing that I wish for you in the new year.

Happy 2014!!!!!

Love

Rivkah
x






No comments: